ORGANISATION AND FINANCE
ACNL is an independent governing body by public law. In the Dutch “Wet Luchtvaart” (Law on Aviation) ACNL is designated as the independent coordinator for slot coordinated airports in the Netherlands. The Minister of Infrastructure and Water Management is the supervisory authority as regards financial and management matters, but as European rules (EEC Regulation 95/93) stipulate that the coordinator should be independent, the Minister does not have any influence on the process of slot allocation.
ACNL is financed by a slotfee that level 3 airports (50%) and all carriers using slots at level 3 airports (50%) have to pay per movement. For the period 1 April 2020-1 April 2021 the slotfee is set at €1,58 per movement. The slotfee that air carriers have to pay is invoiced by the airports.
- Slot allocation
- Slot monitoring
- Develop additional rules and procedures
- Give advice to stakeholders and policy makers
- Monitor national and international developments in aviation
- Provide data to airlines, airports and officials
- To prepare and attend IATA slot conferences /meetings
- Provide reports to national authorities and European Commission