Night regime AMS
At AMS night slots are required for:
- departures planned between 2240 - 0659 LT (block times) and
- arrivals planned between 2300 - 0719 LT (block times)
A night slot that is operated between 2300 and 0659 (runway times) becomes a night movement.
A night slot that did not become a night movement can be reallocated non-historically by Airport Coordination Netherlands in order to make optimal use of the available night capacity.
Preserving of night slots at AMS
Over the years a working procedure has grown allowing airlines to ‘preserve’ night slots that were operated without becoming a night movement to be used later in the season. These slots are often kept till the end of the season without being used.
Policy as per W14
As per the start of IATA Winter season 2014 (26 OCT 14) Airport Coordination Netherlands will no longer accept this procedure. A night slot operated (inside or outside the night period) cannot be preserved.
Please note that for W14 no ad hoc slots will be available due to the following paragraph in the W14 Capacity Declaration:
- Capacity declaration EIN W16
- Capacity declaration AMS W16
- Capacity declaration RTM W16
- Capacity declaration AMS S17
- Capacity declaration RTM S16
- Capacity declaration AMS S16
- Capacity declaration EIN S16
- CCN 2015 report & presentations
- Capacity declaration RTM W15 - version 2
- Capacity declaration EIN W15 - version 1
- Capacity declaration AMS W15